Address: I Academic building of UNEC
Centre for Energy Economics was established in accordance with the decision of the Academic Council of Azerbaijan State University of Economics No ESH-102 on December 6, 2018, by order 1124/3/2018 of the rector of UNEC dated December 21, 2018.
According to the order of the rector of UNEC No. 365/3/2019 dated May 29, 2019 Doctor of Econ. Scien., prof. Hajizade Elshan Makhmud was entrusted with the leadership of the Centre on public basis.
Carrying out of research on the urgent problems of the energy sector; to carry out scientific work on the application of innovative technologies based on the efficient use of energy resources, to support the academic staff and students of UNEC in their respective activities; developing its relations with the real sector of the economy, government and public institutions, providing expert and consulting services, developing projects, development scenarios and making proposals for strengthening national energy security and energy efficiency.
to carry out fundamental and applied scientific researches in the field of energy economy, to develop projects and promote their results, to make proposals for the solution of emerging problems, to conduct expert assessments and to provide consulting services;
to organize international and national conferences, symposiums, seminars, round tables, and trainings;
to prepare and publish magazines, books, articles, bulletins, reports, research papers in various languages;
to establish and maintain contacts with research centers, universities, institutes, as well as with representatives of the private sector, both inside and outside the country;
to support the implementation of the UNEC concept of development, its relationship with the real sector of the economy, state and public institutions.
The head of the centre: Professor Hajizadeh Elshan Mahmud
- Sultanov Samir Azim – “Industry and Energy” department of the Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan, senior consultant. Chief Civil Service Adviser;
- Jafarov Tahir Demir – Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Azerbaijan “Azalternativenerji” LLC, Chief Power Engineer, International Eco-Energy Academy, Honorary Professor;
- Candidate of Economic sciences, Associate Professor, Mammadzade Emin Eldar, Institute of Economics of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, Department of Innovation Management and Problems of Science Development, leading researcher;
- Isazadeh Namig Agaheydar – SOCAR Absheron Drilling Company, Technical Service Coordinator;
- Ismayilova Esma Mustafa – Senior Laboratory Assistant of the department of “International Economics” (English), candidate for a degree
OUR PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS
OUR GOAL (Things to do):