About the Career Center
The center is a joint project of UNEC, the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the International Labor Organization. The center has been headed by Fuad Aliyev until October 2018 and Ramil Jabbarov from 10.2018 to 10.2021. From 01.11.2021 to 08.04.2022 it was headed by Sanan Hasanov. Aytac Rzayeva was in charge from June 21, 2022 to June 2023.
As a Career Center for young people, our main task is to prepare our students for professional work, support their personal development, establish close cooperation with employers and maintain healthy relationships with our graduates.
Career Center of Azerbaijan State University of Economics (UNEC) was established on November 26, 2008. The Career Center provides assistance in the career development and regulation of employment of students and graduates at all levels of higher education within the framework of the given powers.
In its activities, the center is guided by the Education Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan, decrees and orders of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, decisions and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, normative and legal documents of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Charter of UNEC and this charter.
The Center carries out its activities in accordance with the existing legislation on the basis of the memorandum concluded with state, private and foreign enterprises.
While performing its duties, the Center interacts with structural units of UNEC for students and graduates, state bodies, scientific and educational institutions, corporate sector and other organizations on behalf of the university.
The goals and objectives of the Center
- Harmonization of mutual activities with enterprises, organizations and institutions active in the public and private sectors;
- Implementation of methodical and practical assistance to the career development of students and graduates;
- Preparation and implementation of educational events for students and graduates in the field of career development;
- Establishment of Alumni Association and development of relations;
- Organization of Innovative Business incubator activities and establishment of startup ecosystem;
- Studying the international experience related to the development of the center’s field of activity and preparing proposals for the management of UNEC.
- Provide support in the career development of students and graduates;
- To carry out surveys with the aim of determining the compatibility of the level of training of students and graduates with the requirements of the labor market;
- Establishing and improving relationships with the government and corporate governance system for the implementation of various career events, internships and scholarship programs.
- Creating a database platform for information about local and foreign companies in the future career development of students and graduates;
- To organize the presentation of CVs of graduates to companies that prioritize the knowledge and skills, personal qualities of graduates, to make suggestions on creating opportunities for employment;
- To organize discussions on various topics with the participation of the state and corporate sector, as well as experienced experts invited from abroad, and to support the volunteer movement;
- Assisting the career development and employment of high performance graduates at UNEC;
- In order to study the current situation and prospects of the demand for economist personnel and their professional level, conducting research on the labor market, preparing an annual report, and calling the State Employment Agency employers to actively participate in the employment marathon.
- To analyse the main professional and qualification requirements put forward by the employing organizations to the workforce and to prepare concrete proposals for the improvement of the educational plans for the relevant specialties of the university and state standards;
- To regularly collect information about vacant jobs in companies operating in Azerbaijan and ensure their allocation among students and graduates;
- Organization of competitions, exams, tests, business games, etc., together with the relevant structures of the university and identifying talented and promising students and supporting their career development;
- To implement various career events with the participation of the state and corporate sector (labor fairs, exhibitions, information tours, career days, etc.);
- To keep in constant contact with graduates, follow their career development, involve them in career-related events;
- Organization of mutual relations between university and graduates, development of partnership with university graduates who are individuals and legal entities, support for career development of university graduates;
- Preparation and distribution of attractive information materials (announcements, e-mails, etc.) related to the university’s graduates’ activities;
- Involvement of UNEC graduates in the projects and events carried out at the university and holding special events based on the proposals of the graduates.
- Organization of traditional meetings with successful graduates;