Azerbaijan State University of Economics pays tribute to the martyrs of Black January….
In the midnight from January 19 to 20 1990 the soviet armed forces entered the Baku city and shot down the civilians. 138 persons were dead, 744 wounded and 841 were illegally arrested as a result of the incident.
Two students of the Azerbaijan State University of Economics were killed during the disaster.
Abilhasanov Ilgar Yusif was born on August 19 1967 in Baku.
Yaver Abilhasanov – his brother is speaking about Ilgar:
- We were 5 children in the family, Ilgar was the least. He was very naughty and benevolent child. He finished the secondary school 42 of Nasimi district. The school is now named after Ilgar. He went to serve at the military service. He entered the University of Economics after the military service. Ilgar was a full-time student. My father and I are servicemen. He also wanted to be as we; after three years of education he was transferred to the evening department of the university and recruited to the police office. He liked the uniforms of the servicemen….
- Was he at business during the incident?
- Yes, he was. He was a sergeant at Yasamal district police office. He was a fifth-year student. There were few minutes left to the end of his shift, Ilgar was wounded approximately at 12. I was on business in Nakhchivan when it happened. I was informed; all paths were closed. His liver was destroyed by the bullet. The operation lasted for more than five hours…The situation was very hard in the city. The lights of the hospital were cut off on the day of Ilgar’s operation. Doctors made the operation under the light of fire. He lived two days after the operation, but was very weak; doctors didn’t promise anything. He was exhausted and could speak nothing. But the last day…Father, mother, the whole family was near him. And he spoke…
- What did he say?
- He said only a word “forgive me, farewell”. Said and closed his eyes…He could speak nothing else… Our family is long-aged. But Ilgar’s tragedy took my parents earlier. They used to go to the Martyr’s Avenue every week till the end of their lives. Now our children go there. They are proud of their uncle. But I can’t. I can’t look at the grave of the child who grew by me. He was very naughty, as if he was in a hurry. I think he wanted to do everything he planned within 22 years, but he couldn’t. Ilgar loved his Motherland very much.
- Was he married?
- He was just engaged. We planned to marry him after the graduation. His fiancé was mourned for a long time after the disaster. Then she married and named her son Ilgar. We are in close relation with her family…